Below is a list of our Guiding Principles
- Rabies control is a public good
- Rabid domestic dogs transmit at least 98% of human rabies in Kenya.
- Rabies elimination through mass dog vaccination is a cost-effective strategy.
- More than 80% of dogs in Kenya are owned thus accessible for parental vaccination
- Elimination of rabies requires sustained annual mass dog vaccination (3 consecutive years) of greater than 70% of dog population.
- There is no documented evidence that wildlife maintain rabies virus.